DL-Light SketchUp Extension
Copyright (c) 2015 - 2022
DL-Light extension is developed by
Mathieu Lagarde (DL-Instant Developer)
Jean-Dominique Lenard (Concept, Participation to
Development and Validation)
Jerome Dumonteil (Developement, Mac OSX port, Program
architecture and advices)
Ljubica Mudri (Original idea, Advice and Validation from
Architect's Point of View, point of view of the daylighting expert)
Former versions development
Marija Velickovic (Main Developer)
Extension uses various tools and libraries for graphical user interface and
- All daylighting calculations are performed with validated Radiance software. Required Radiance executables for Windows are compiled by
NREL and included in extension distribution. Authors want to thank Greg
Ward and complete Radiance community for their help during past 10 years,
that made our work with Radiance much easier.
- Authors want to thank numerous Sketchup plugins' developers from SketchUcation forums for help on various Ruby API
and other extensions' related questions. The idea for surfaces
higlighting comes from the extension Ruby Console+ .
- The materials DB "Spectral Materials Database" is accessible on the
credit: Jakubiec, JA. (2016). Building a database of opaque materials for
lighting simulation. In PLEA 2016–Cities, Buildings, People: Towards
Regenerative Environments, Proceedings of the 32nd International
Conference on Passive and Low Energy Architecture.
nice and comfortable:
- Python libraries pillow, Numpy, Scipy, psutil.
- ODF library odfdo.
- Font used for false color palette is Veranda.ttf, Copyright (c) 2003 by
Third-party programs' and libraries' licenses are included in extension